As an integral part of Eurofurn’s project delivery team you will be responsible for designing, templating and creating upholstered goods and other soft furnishing for commercial environments at our Virginia based facility.
- We have a great team of 30+ with industry leading skills inc in house design, joinery, upholstery, and finishing teams.
- We work with a diverse range of materials including solid timber, solid surface, metals, fabrics and finishes just to name a few.
- We work on high profile, high detail projects for industry leading designers in the hospitality, education, accommodation and office spaces.
- You will work autonomously with a wide range of equipment and other skilled tradespeople to achieve project outcomes.
- You have access to training for further personal and career development.
- You will work alongside likeminded individuals that work together to achieve the best outcome for the team and its clients.
- You can select you working hours – We have 2 shifts available including 5 days a week that finishes early on a Friday, 4 days a week that is Mon-Thurs, and an afternoon shift that is 4 days per week Mon-Thurs.
- You have flexibility in your work hours through the use of our flexi-time system.
- You get paid some the industries best rates based on demonstrated experience that can grow as you do.
- You will find us centrally located at Virginia on Brisbane’s Northside, close to all transport corridors and public transport systems.
- Read and interpret upholstery specifications and drawings to determine materials, tools and techniques required for each job.
- Design and assemble frames suitable for commercial use and specifications.
- Install webbing, springs, and other upholstery related fittings suitable for commercial use.
- Plan, pattern, measure, cut and sew a variety of foams and fabrics to suit the specified project finishes.
- Managing and maintaining efficient stock levels to best achieve business outcomes.
- Managing and maintaining work area site cleanliness.
- Liaising with other team members to ensure you have all that is required to fulfill the project.
- Where required, assist in the training of apprentice or trades assistants.
- 3 years demonstrated experience as an upholsterer.
- Familiarity with various upholstery techniques, materials and tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification, or willingness to obtain.
- Legal rights to work in Australia or ability to enter into a visa sponsorship arrangement
– You will be experienced in the role you contact us about.
– You will be focused on quality and take pride in what you do for the customer.
– You will be passionate about working in a team environment.
– You are open to opportunities for professional and personal development.
– You are looking for longevity in your role and the industry.
– You are committed, reliable and can work to support the team.
Whether it is a single chair, or a total fit out, we are passionate about bringing people together in not only our working lives but the spaces we furnish.
We are one of the country’s leading custom furniture manufacturers, specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of custom booths, banquettes, cabinetry and joinery pieces.
Working with Australia’s industry leading architects, designers and specifiers our team provides end to end furnishing solutions for the end user.
Our recent projects include Brewdogs, The Ville Casino, and Somerville House – see www.eurofurn.com.au for more information.
With exciting forward orders for 2023 like The Buffs Club, The Brook Hotel, and The Belvedere Hotel, take a look and see if the work we do excites you as much as it does us and our clients.